100 active installs

I’ve hit my first milestone for Simply Static: the plugin is now being used on more than 100 WordPress installs.

I was curious to see how my plugin was doing over time and I wanted the ability to predict when I’d hit certain milestones, so I put together a spreadsheet to track downloads and active installs. You can get the number of downloads per day from wordpress.org, but they only ever show active installs for the current day, so my data there is a bit spotty. I used the FORECAST function to fill in the blanks and get a rough approximation of active installs over time.


My conversion rate of downloads to active installs has remained fairly constant at a little over 20%. That seems good, but as I mentioned a couple posts back I have nothing to compare it to. Perhaps that’ll be the topic of my next post.